Disclaimer

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.




Monday, December 13, 2010

My Culinary Adventures: Vegan Banana Cookies ♥

During one of my Spanish classes while still in training, the other class was making these cookies in the kitchen of the family's house we were using.  As soon as they were made, they were eaten up like crazy!  I am pretty sure the recipe is Caitlin's but I'm not sure if she has a blog to link you guys to =/.  I've made these probably 3 times already, for each of my host families.



Recipe - Yields about 22 Cookies


Ingredients
Dry Mix:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Cinnamon to taste

Wet Mix:
2 mashed bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup vegetable oil

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
  2. In one mixing bowl, combine all dry mix ingredients together.
  3. In another bowl, mix sugar and bananas together until gooey.
  4. Add the vanilla and oil to the wet mix and combine again.
  5. Make a well in the center of the dry mix and slowly add the wet mix to it, stirring to get all the dry mix covered.
  6. Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet and pop into the oven.  Keep an eye on the cookies while they're baking because the time varies for some reason.  It may be because I'm working with a toaster oven in degrees Celsius.  It usually takes about 15-20 minutes for me.

~♥ in love cookie ♥~ 
)=Broken-hearted cookie =(

I gifted the cookies to my landlady and her family, my host family, and my friend and his wife

No comments:

Post a Comment