Disclaimer

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.




Monday, December 13, 2010

My Culinary Adventures: Banana Pancakes à la Jack Johnson

I first tried making banana pancakes using the pancake recipe from my second host mom and those didn't turn out too great.  The flavor was off somehow.  So I went to my trusted favorite recipe website, Allrecipes.com and searched there.  Lo and behold, I found a great recipe!  Although, I had to double the dry ingredients to make the pancakes thicker.  I really don't know what is going on with my dishes.  They still weren't fluffy but one of my neighbors is a big fan of the pancakes and I thought they tasted good, so they work for me!  I added vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves to the mix too, and sifted the dry ingredients as well.


Recipe
Adapted from Allrecipes.com

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Cinnamon, ground cloves, and nutmeg to taste

  1. Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
  2. Sift flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
  3. Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot. 
I like to eat them with either honey and peanut butter, or maple syrup and peanut butter >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment